- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12-1/2 ounces) caramel topping or sauce
- 1/2 gallon (rectangular) vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, combine butter, flour, sugar, oats and pecans; spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; break into pieces while still warm.
- Pat half of the crumbs into a 13x9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with half of the caramel topping. Cut ice cream into 1-in. slices; place in a single layer in pan. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Drizzle with remaining topping. Freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forButter Brickle Dessert
"This dessert was served at a party, and everyone raved about it, so I asked for the recipe! I will definitely make this often."