Butter Bean Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, yellow squash, zucchini and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2015
I thought this was okay, but not great. My mother really liked it though and took home all the leftovers.
Nov 16, 2013
Easy. Great summer salad.
Jul 31, 2010
like another viewer said light and fresh followed receipe to a tee. will make again
Jun 7, 2010
Great tasting salad! I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Sep 2, 2008
This is absolutely delicious. It is a perfect summer salad-so fresh and light.