- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in the pudding mix, water and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in nuts and chopped candy bars.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forButter Ball Chiffons
"Absolutely deeeeelish =) easy to make. After they cooled a bit I dusted them with powdered sugar. Yummy."
"If you like shortbread cookies, you'll like these. I wasn't sure about the mixture of lemon and chocolate, but it worked!"
"I haven't made them but from what others have wrote, I will be making them as, my husband HAS too have his cookies AND either,yogurt or an Equate drink every day for lunch. These sound like he'd like them.I may not have the lemon pudding either,as one of the ladies ask about using vanilla pudding.Don't think it'd be the same consistancy as the lemon but I'll try it to see how they turn out. Thanks for the great recipe sharing!Wyoming resident"
"Can I substitute the lemon pudding for vanilla pudding?"
"These butter ball chiffons are really easy to make and my family asks for them repeatedly. They love the recipe and so do I, so it will be a keeper for us for a long time to come."
"These were good! Thank you"