- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Spread coconut evenly into prepared pan; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Continue cooking, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from the heat. Stir in almonds. Pour over coconut. Cool.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candy; cool until firm. Remove from foil and bread into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: About 1-1/4 pounds.
Reviews forButter Almond Crunch
"easy to make & delicious. This was my first experience using a candy thermometer, so I was pleased that the recipe was not difficult. My only complaint is that the foil is somewhat difficult to remove from the candy."