Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 5 tablespoons butter and egg yolk until smooth. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 15-20 times or until smooth. Roll into a 12-in. square. Spread remaining butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Combine sugar and extract; sprinkle over half of the dough. Fold dough over sugar mixture; pinch edges to seal. Lightly beat egg white; brush over top of dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Cut widthwise with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice in half lengthwise. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 69 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.