Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer gently, covered, for 30 minutes. Add water if a thinner stew is desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 312 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 24, 2014
I enjoyed this recipe because it's so easy to switch up the ingredients. I added in zucchini, fresh chives & a large garlic clove. I cut the carrots, onions, and tomatoes by half and eliminated the chili powder. I stir-fried the vegetables first, then added the rest of the ingredients & simmered about 10 minutes. It was very tasty with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Nov 28, 2009
This was a disappointing casserole. The flavor was not very exciting, although the leftovers were better than the first day. All the chopping took me quite a while--certainly not a meal to prepare when there's little time!
Sep 17, 2009
This is absolutely delicious; the flavors blend together so well. Feel free to substitute your favorite veggies (love zucchini). A very satisfying quick dinner.