Busy-Day Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: Thinly sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, optional
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker; add black beans, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, mix picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with tortillas, cheese and toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas: 508 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 20, 2015
The biggest plus, besides being an EASY slow-cooker meal, is no having to mess with the chicken beforehand - slicing, dicing, cubing. None of that - just lay it in the cooker and go. I LOVED that, because I hate working with raw chicken. I used medium picante and it was a good level of spice. Husband loved these fajitas and I would make it again for sure.
Jun 22, 2015
excellent! added most of pepper and onions 1/2 way through cooking so they were firmer.
Jun 19, 2015
I did these in the crock pot and my family, including a 3 year old and a 18 month old, really liked them. Easy to make. Will certainly make them again.
Jun 7, 2015
This was not wonderful. Sad, because it smelled great...too runny and the veggies were overcooked. the seasonings were not flavorful enough. I won't make it again. too bad.
May 21, 2015
I agree totally with Dianaore. These were good, but not very similar to my idea of fajitas and mine also had more liquid than expected. The peppers and onions were quite mushy after 4 hours on low and 1 hour on warm. My husband said this was pretty good and I liked how easy it was, so i will make these again. Next time, I will add the peppers and onions in later instead of at the beginning.
Jul 20, 2014
These were okay but, really didn't feel like s sizzling fajita that my family is use to so we had trouble thinking of them as fajitas. It was simple enough and had great taste and flavor. We would just need to name it something else. Oh they were a bit soupy too for some reason and we needed to drain the juice off to make them less sloppy once in the tortilla.
Jan 6, 2014
This worked out very well for us, even the picky eaters enjoyed it. Very easy to put together plus crock pot convenience make this one a keeper for us.
Aug 1, 2013
Guess it was a hit because my man hates fajitas but he liked these and so did my guests. He said that he?d like them with corn tortillas instead. Okay but not great so I guess that I will not be making them again.
Jul 16, 2013
I'm not a chicken lover but this recipe is super terrific and easy. Will keep it in my favorites cookbook.
Jul 13, 2013
Que bueno! This is an easy, yet delicious fajitas recipe. Because you can cook it in the crock pot, it is ready when you get home from work. Nice layers of flavor.