Burrito Pita Pockets
“Quick, delicious and kid-friendly“ is how Laura Mahaffey in Annapolis, Maryland describes her simple solution to busy weeknight meals. These hand-held pockets are filled with flavor and make an easy, eat-and-run entree for summer outings, too. TASTY TIP: For a change of pace, top with guacamole and sour cream or serve with tortilla chips, salsa and refried beans.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope burrito seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 pita pocket halves
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in burrito seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in olives.
- Fill pita bread halves with beef mixture, lettuce, tomato and cheese.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.