Burrito Pita Pockets
“Quick, delicious and kid-friendly“ is how Laura Mahaffey in Annapolis, Maryland describes her simple solution to busy weeknight meals. These hand-held pockets are filled with flavor and make an easy, eat-and-run entree for summer outings, too. TASTY TIP: For a change of pace, top with guacamole and sour cream or serve with tortilla chips, salsa and refried beans.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope burrito seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 pita pocket halves
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in burrito seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in olives.
- Fill pita bread halves with beef mixture, lettuce, tomato and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 375 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1108mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.