- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, onion and taco seasoning.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread beef mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBurrito Bake
"I made this and followed the recipe using both cheeses. The recipe calls for one to two cups. I opted to use 2 cups of each. It was delicious. I will definitely make this recipe again but next time I plan to try it with one cup of each cheese. We did top with shedded lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and sour cream."
"Didn't have mozzarella, used only cheddar and it was wonderful!"
"I used leftover sloppy joe and leftover spaghetti meat sauce and used mozzarella cheese. Still yummy!"
"Made per recipe but did not use mozz cheese only cheddar because most burritos don't have Italian cheese only Mexican cheese. When it was done we added Aldi sour cream... which by the way is the absolute bomb, little salad bar fresh salsa from Aldi, canned green chilies, and canned sliced black olives. You can actually make this slightly low fat by omitting the bread on the bottom. Excellent to make for game night or kids sleepover... neither of which apply to me since I'm single and hate Sports LOL."
"Delicious and easy to make. I added salsa to the meat and beans because it looked dry. I used taco and cheddar cheese. I then topped it with sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato and black olives and cilantro. Will definately be saving this recipe!"
"Took about 25 minutes - smelled and tasted wonderful! I used a can of corn and beans instead of refried beans. Sour cream plus the other listed toppings are great on top. It is quite filling. I would like to make it again this way and maybe try to make it sometime with chicken."
"Very good and easy to put together. It's also versatile. I added a yellow pepper because I had one on hand and a whole small onion (we like onion), last thing was mont. jack cheese instead of mozzarella."
"Good, hearty meal. The crescent rolls make it very easy to put together. Can add salsa and/or diced chilies to the mixture for extra spice."
"Yummy and easy to put together. I added some salsa to the meat mixture."