Burning Flame Cafe Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 4 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 3 ounces Cognac or brandy
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Cinnamon sticks and sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the vanilla, spices and orange peel. Remove from the heat; add Cognac. Return pan to the heat and carefully ignite Cognac mixture.
- 2. Slowly pour brewed coffee over flames to extinguish. Discard orange peel; stir in brown sugar until blended. Ladle into mugs. Serve immediately with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: Keep liquor bottles and other flammables at a safe distance when preparing this beverage. We do not recommend using a nonstick skillet.
1 serving: 153 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.