- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and paprika. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Add soup and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBurgundy Steak
"This dish turned out to be a disappointment, flavor-wise. It was too bland to suit my tastes, so if I make it again I'd add some extra seasonings starting with some salt and pepper. Too much flour clung to the meat, so the sauce had a floury taste but it did hasten the thickening of the sauce."
"Made this recipe exactly as printed. It tasted great. Wonderful flavor."
"i made this dish with porter house steak andi ground it . it came out even better. i addeda little parsely. me and my husband loved it."
"quick, east, and great!"
"This is very good. I highly recommend it."