- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef and bacon in batches on all sides.
- Place beef and bacon in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the vegetables, garlic, seasonings, broth and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBurgundy Beef Stew
"It's a keeper. I've made it several times."
"For some reason, this dish turned out bitter, so my canines are enjoying it over their dry dog food."