- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, carrots and green pepper; place roast on top. In a small bowl, combine the soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, soup mix and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; place in a large saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the beef, vegetables and noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBurgundy Beef
"This was so good. Used cabernet red wine I had on hand, and subed celery for the green pepper. The gravy was so Yum!"
"This was ok"
"This is an awesome recipe. I've been looking for this recipe for I dont know how long. Enjoy."