Burgers Cacciatore Recipe
- 5 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place four mushroom caps on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender; keep warm.
- 2. Finely chop mushroom stems and remaining mushroom cap; place in a large bowl. Add the chopped onion, red pepper, shredded cheese, tomato paste, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and remaining salt. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well.
- 3. Shape into four patties. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- 4. Place 1/2 cup arugula on each mushroom cap; top with a turkey patty and a cheese slice. Broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato and onion slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 347 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Burgers Cacciatore
"I enjoyed this dish. It was pretty easy to make and it was a lot of food! You get your protein and lots of veggies in just one dish. I also had a good flavor with the Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. I would love to have this again."