I like to make time to prepare this cake for my husband on special occasions. It stays moist for days.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (5 ounces), broken into chunks
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir chocolate syrup and candy bar until candy bar is melted; cool. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate mixture and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in cocoa until smooth. Add milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with pecans.