Buffet Sandwich Recipe
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound, 20 inches long)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 5 thin slices fully cooked ham, halved
- 5 slices pimiento loaf, halved, optional
- 10 slices salami
- 10 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
- 10 thinly sliced sweet red or green pepper rings
- 1. Cut bread into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Cut off and discard the end pieces. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, butter and mustard until blended. Spread over every other slice of bread.
- 2. Between the slices spread with the mayonnaise mixture, place a lettuce leaf, a half slice of ham, a half slice of mozzarella cheese and one pepper ring. To serve, cut completely through the bread between the plain slices. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece: 274 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Buffet Sandwich
"I prepared several of these for an informal tea with friends they loved it!"