- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound, 20 inches long)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 5 thin slices fully cooked ham, halved
- 5 slices pimiento loaf, halved, optional
- 10 slices salami
- 10 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
- 10 thinly sliced sweet red or green pepper rings
- Cut bread into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Cut off and discard the end pieces. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, butter and mustard until blended. Spread over every other slice of bread.
- Between the slices spread with the mayonnaise mixture, place a lettuce leaf, a half slice of ham, a half slice of mozzarella cheese and one pepper ring. To serve, cut completely through the bread between the plain slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBuffet Sandwich
"I prepared several of these for an informal tea with friends they loved it!"