Buffalo Wing Poppers
- 20 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact; discard seeds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pipe or stuff into pepper halves.
- 2. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for mild.
1 piece: 57 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 28, 20195 stars for flavor- these taste fabulous! I had some trouble with my filling leaking out, possibly because I used a homemade, butter-based wing sauce. Next time, I’m going to try a technique from another baked popper recipe of salting, then par baking the jalapeños, then filling them. Might add an egg yolk to the filling, as well, as a binder.
Feb 19, 2018
Best of 2 worlds...buffalo chicken and jalapenos
Dec 28, 2015
An excellent appetizer. Huge hit every time I make them. Be ready to copy the recipe for your guests.
Feb 24, 2015
Have been asked to make them every time we have a pot luck on nights at work. Everybody loves them.
Dec 28, 2014
One of my favorite appetizers to make! Combines the taste of pepper poppers and hot wings- two delicious appetizers in one. So quick and easy to make!
Sep 15, 2014
These were good. I cooked them for the full 40 minutes and they were still spicy but
good flavor. Very easy to make. I did cut the recipe in half as I had a small crowd. Worked fine.
Dec 4, 2012
Loved this recipe. Easy to make and they taste delicious. It reminds me of a buffalo chicken dip I make quite frequently. Never thought of piping into jalapenos. YUM!
Nov 14, 2012
Huge hit every time I made them
Jun 18, 2012
There were no stars, so I couldn't give this 5 stars. Everyone DOES understand that it is the nature of 'Buffalo Wings' to be 'incredibly spicy'...right?!
Jun 15, 2012
This is a constant potluck favorite!