Buffalo Wing Hoagies
“The first time I had buffalo wings, I just about flipped,” shares field editor Kelly Williams from LaPorte, Indiana. “Ever since then, I've used the same concept for making a variety of foods, including these zippy sandwiches.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Dash salt and pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
- In a large skillet, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup butter, hot sauce, barbecue sauce and chili powder. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the garlic, parsley and remaining butter; spread over cut sides of buns. Place on a baking sheet; broil 8 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto bun bottoms; top with the lettuce, celery, salt, pepper, tomatoes and salad dressing. Replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 769 calories, 57g fat (32g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 1285mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Buffalo Wing Garlic-Toasted Hoagies in Taste of Home February/March 2007