I took a baked version of a hot wing dip and for summertime parties turned it into a cheese ball appetizer. My family thinks this variation is ideal warm weather snacking.—Deborah Helser, Attica, New York
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 1 French bread baguette (16 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, celery, blue and Monterey Jack cheeses. In a small bowl, combine chicken and wing sauce.
- Line a 1-qt. bowl with plastic wrap, overlapping the sides of the bowl. Spread 1-1/2 cups of cream cheese mixture over the bottom and up the sides in prepared bowl. Layer with chicken mixture and remaining cream cheese mixture. Bring plastic wrap over cheese; press down gently. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, cut baguette into 1/4-in. slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove mold from the refrigerator and invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Garnish with carrots if desired. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Wing Cheese Mold in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p8