Buffalo Turkey with Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cooked Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery, carrot and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add turkey and hot sauce; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 526 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Nov 13, 2016
Very good. Instead of making the roasted tenderloin recipe, I lightly seasoned the tenderloins and grilled. I left off the blue cheese due to family preferences. I would recommend starting to saut? the carrot a bit earlier as that took longer to soften.
Sep 17, 2015
Heaven in a bowl. Period. Enough said! I will make this again and again!
Feb 13, 2011
I have been making this since it came out a couple of years ago. I love buffalo chicken and this is so quick and easy and tasty. I add extra seasoning after I dish up the little kids portions. I usually make with chicken and sometimes substitute flavored cream cheese. I always use reduced fat or whipped cream cheese and no one can tell.
Sep 9, 2010
This was really good but I had to all a lot more buffalo sauce to it to be detected. The blue cheese was a nice touch and rounds out the flavors. Kind rich to be repeated too often though.
May 29, 2010
I would leave out the hot sauce and the cheese. Otherwise it was very good
Dec 17, 2009
big hit with my husband
Jul 11, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.