There’s nothing bland about these juicy turkey burgers! Celery and blue cheese salad dressing help tame the hot sauce. For an even skinnier version, skip the bun and add sliced onion and chopped tomato. Mary Pax-Shipley - Bend, Oregon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons hot sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, celery, blue cheese dressing and remaining hot sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Turkey Burgers for Two in Healthy Cooking