Buffalo-Style Snack Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 quarts popped popcorn, divided
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups popcorn, corn chips and peanuts. In a small saucepan, melt butter; add hot sauce and celery seed. Remove from the heat. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Place in a large bowl; add remaining popcorn and toss to coat. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 28, 2014
This was really a fun snack mix, easy to make, and so enjoyed the flavors. It took some help to figure out how much 2-1/2 qt. of popcorn is, but hopefully it was 10 cups. Made 1/2 the recipe and used a little less than a bag of popcorn. Also used what I had on hand which was cashews and loved those in there too. Great recipe, Thanks Deidre!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.