Buffalo-Style Snack Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 quarts popped popcorn, divided
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups popcorn, corn chips and peanuts. In a small saucepan, melt butter; add hot sauce and celery seed. Remove from the heat. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Place in a large bowl; add remaining popcorn and toss to coat. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 198 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 28, 2014
This was really a fun snack mix, easy to make, and so enjoyed the flavors. It took some help to figure out how much 2-1/2 qt. of popcorn is, but hopefully it was 10 cups. Made 1/2 the recipe and used a little less than a bag of popcorn. Also used what I had on hand which was cashews and loved those in there too. Great recipe, Thanks Deidre!