We raise buffalo on our ranch, so I cook plenty of buffalo steak as well as other cuts. During the warmer months, this cool salad is a refreshing change of pace from the heavier meals I feed my crew other times of the year. The meat is tender, and the dressing is mouthwatering.—Burt Guenin, Chappell, Nebraska
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 buffalo sirloin or beef ribeye steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice meat.
- On a serving platter or individual salad plates, arrange lettuce, tomato, carrot, onion and olives. Top with steak and dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Steak Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p37
Reviews forBuffalo Steak Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2011
"I love the taste of buffalo & it's more nuitritious than beef. This recipe is a delightful & tasteful meal! This one's a keeper!"