Buffalo Chili con Carne
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 40 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound cubed or coarsely ground buffalo meat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 cups diced onion
- 1 to 2 cups diced green pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; drain. Add onion and green pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 271 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Oct 14, 2015
My favorite chili recipe. <3
Sep 3, 2010
It has been a while since I made this but I remember only changing/adding a couple of things like leaving the green chilies out because I have young children. I remember it being very hearty, filling and tasty and the family enjoyed it! Yes, I'd make it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.