Buffalo Chicken-Topped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional sour cream and chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until heated through. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and chili powder.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in the vinegar, butter and remaining buffalo wing sauce; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- Spoon chicken mixture over potatoes. Serve with additional sour cream and onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 2, 2013
Sep 20, 2012
I rcvd an email featuring this recipe and made these for dinner same evening. Let me tell you, these baked potatoes are YUMMY!! A little time consuming but very easy to make. Hubby and I really enjoyed this one and will for sure make these again. These were our main course and we had fresh broccoli to go with but these could easily be a great appetizer too.I highly recommend this recipe - enjoy!