Take two popular restaurant nibbles, put them together and you'll have an unforgettable appetizer for your next holiday get-together.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 small red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/3 cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Rub potatoes with oil. Place in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato crosswise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/8-in.-thick shells (save removed pulp for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and Buffalo sauce. Spoon chicken mixture into potatoes. Top with cheese and bacon. Return potatoes to baking pan. Bake, skin side down, 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, carrots and green onions. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins in Holiday 13x9 2016, p8