Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 large egg white
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- Reduced-fat blue cheese or ranch salad dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, 1/3 cup hot sauce, celery and egg white. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into twenty-four 1-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss meatballs with remaining hot sauce. If desired, drizzle with salad dressing just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 35 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2018
Yum. I doubled it, used whole egg. Then made the real buffalo sauce with butter and vinegar to toss them in. Addictive, but not as healthy. Would be good even without hot sauce , or served on the side at a party for those who don’t like the heat.
Nov 19, 2017
Tasty recipe, read reviews and added only 1/3 c breadcrumbs. Please get more realistic when it comes to cost per serving: $0.02 is not even remotely possible! Thanks!
Nov 19, 2017
Thanks so much I can't wait to try them out for a baby shower Saturday . Teresa c p.s thinking about trying it with ground turkey as well two different ones for the party
Nov 19, 2017
Interesting, I've never used ground chicken, so this is TOTALLY interesting.
Jul 14, 2017
I loved this recipe! They where a little dry so next time I make them I will use less bread crumbs. I servecd with ranch dressing for dipping.
Oct 9, 2015
These were fantastic. The celery added a nice crunch and texture. I used chipotle hot sauce and served with blue cheese and ranch dressing. These make a great sandwich too. Thank you! I love simple and quick and delicious recipes. A keeper!
Aug 18, 2015
Very good, but to make them taste more like real wings I add some butter to hot sauce for coating
Mar 9, 2015
So quick and easy! We served with an iceberg lettuce salad. I didn't add extra hot sauce at the end and they weren't too spicy for my son. Will definitely make again.
Feb 2, 2015
We really liked these meatballs! Seemed much healthier than wings. Easier to eat too!
Jan 22, 2015
Can I use ground Turkey instead of Chicken?