Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball
Spicy Buffalo wings and cheese are always so popular on an appetizer buffet that I decided to combine the two. Now we enjoy those flavors together on our favorite crackers. —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
Total TimePrep Time: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Celery sticks
- Additional crumbled blue cheese and Buffalo wing sauce
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, wing sauce and dressing mix until smooth. Add chicken, jalapeno and, if desired, blue cheese; beat until combined. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Spread shredded cheese on a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape cream cheese mixture into a ball; roll in shredded cheese to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with celery and additional blue cheese and Buffalo wing sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.