Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball
Spicy Buffalo wings and cheese are always so popular on an appetizer buffet that I decided to combine the two. Now we enjoy those flavors together on our favorite crackers. —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
Total TimePrep Time: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Celery sticks
- Additional crumbled blue cheese and Buffalo wing sauce
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, wing sauce and dressing mix until smooth. Add chicken, jalapeno and, if desired, blue cheese; beat until combined. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Spread shredded cheese on a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape cream cheese mixture into a ball; roll in shredded cheese to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with celery and additional blue cheese and Buffalo wing sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015