- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 7-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, adding wing sauce during the last 2 minutes. Turn to coat chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBuffalo Chicken
"This was good! I liked it, but my teenagers LOVED it. (They did get out ranch to dip the chicken in). My chicken- leery daughter said it may be her favorite! I made my own wing sauce (quick and easy recipes online), and since I didn't have any mozzarella, I just used 1/2 slice of Provolone per chicken breast and felt it was enough. I used homemade seasoned bread crumbs I keep on hand in the freezer; the recipe is from Taste of Home test kitchen, and I highly recommend!"
"My husband and I really liked this but it was too spicy for my teen. We'll just have to make without him. Only adjustment I would make would be for less canola oil."
"Really liked the taste! Used Tyson frozen chicken tenders prepared according to directions in oven transferred to stove top skillet following rest of recipe to complete. Used cheeses on hand-mozzarella / cheddar. Really quick after working all day! About 1/2 hour total. Hubby loved the spicey kick."
"another family favorite"
"Thought this was a really simple, but delicious, recipe to change up weeknight chicken."
"I made this for my daughter who normally doesn't eat chicken & she ate every bite!"
"An interesting take on lasagne; very rich."
"YUM! I made this the other night! I pulled out the leftovers and snacked on them while I made dinner last night. I just couldn't get enough. I used the medium wing sauce since I'm not a spicy person & I also used panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs that have WAY more substance than traditional bread crumbs). The panko bread crumbs made the chicken nice & crunchy. I'll scale back the cheese next time-too much for me & I'll probably try adding some crumbled blue cheese on top for a more traditional take on the whole buffalo style chicken. SOOO glad I tried this one!!"
"Yummy. I use barbeque sauce and don't cook the chicken quite so long."