Budget Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 206 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 26, 2014
I received a very similar recipe from my mother-in-law in Broken Bow, Nebraska many years ago. The only difference is hers called for small can evaporated milk and a small onion. One of the most requested at family holiday dinners. Addicting!!
Mar 2, 2014
This is so fast & easy to make, and I always come home with an empty dish when I take it to potlucks
Nov 25, 2013
You can substitute spaghetti for the elbow macaroni and if you have grandkids it is fun to use the colored macaroni---make sure you enough made because it goes fast!
Sep 11, 2011
Great tasting and easy to make!!
Aug 8, 2010
This dish is requested at every holiday from my family. It is enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.