Buckeye Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 Nestlé Crunch candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and 1 cup peanut butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted, stirring once. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a microwave, melt candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until cool.
- 3. Cut into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 87 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Buckeye Bars
"This is a good recipe. I had several Nestle Crunch bars and was looking for a way to use them. The bottom is more like peanut butter fudge than I expected. I would prefer more chocolate but many people raved about them as is. Definitely cut them into very small pieces. They are extremely rich."
"I don't use the Nestle Crunch bars. Instead, I melt a 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips and pour on top."