- 1 package (12 ounces) bucatini pasta or fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound regular or spicy Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 cups chopped fresh kale (about 5 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, decreasing time by 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 cups pasta water. Toss pasta with 2 teaspoons oil.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking sausage into large crumbles. Add garlic and remaining oil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in kale, salt and pepper; cook, covered, over medium-low heat until kale is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until pasta is al dente and liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBucatini with Sausage & Kale
"I would like to try this. But I don't like kale. Would spinach work?"
"My family’s favorite recipe ever from Simple & Delicious!"