Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish; layer with salsa, corn and cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk just until blended; drop by tablespoonfuls over cheese (dish will be full). Sprinkle with pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 646 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1877mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler
"Strange name, isn't cobbler a fruit filled dish?"
"This Mexican cobbler is different, but tasty!! I'll be fixing this again!!"
"Very yummy but a whole days worth of sodium in only one serving."
"Haven't made it, just wanted to respond to billiebeaver42. At the bottom of the recipe it does list the calorie count per serving...lots!"
"I have made this recipe several times. I used frozen corn not canned and substituted sweet cornbread as a topping instead of the biscuit mix!"
"Very tasty! I had to improvise a little, all I had was a 13 by 9 baking dish and needed to add more biscuit mix, it layered pretty thin with the larger dish but was still very good. I will try this again and add the green chilies suggested below"
"Good - not great."
"We likes this, but next time will add black beans and olives to it."
"Ok, so 2 out of 4 in this family liked it. The ones that didn't like it said too much biscuit (even after I cut the recipe) which made it dry. I did drain the salsa (it was chunky kind) since I read a lot of reviews that said it was too runny."
"My family of 6 loved this recipe. It was a little watery with the salsa added. I ended up draining some out after cooking. I added a can of black beans with the meat. I will probably add even more black beans next time. There was a lot of biscuit, but we really liked it. I won't change that next time."