Bubbling Fish Bake
My mother-in-law gave me this great recipe soon after I got married.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Whisk in water and homemade cream-style soup mix; bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Add the macaroni, salmon, 6 tablespoons cheese and milk.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Originally published as Bubbling Fish Bake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.