Bubble Herb Ring
Whenever I prepare an Italian meal, my family expects it to be accompanied by this savory pull-apart bread. Everyone has fun nibbling on the soft seasoned squares.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon each dill weed, dried basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, cheese, salt and herbs. In a small saucepan, heat water and 4 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll into a 12-in. square. Melt remaining butter and brush over dough. Cut into 25 squares.
- Place dough squares, butter side down, in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, overlapping slightly. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
Nov 28, 2011
Nice tender bread with nice flavors. Easy to make and done in about an hour. Fun presentation.
Nov 18, 2010
Very quick, easy, and makes a savory addition to any meal. We didn't care for the dill, so I don't add it, but the rest is great!