Brussels Sprouts Saute
Salty, savory and sprinkled with Parmesan, even people who don't like brussels sprouts love this dish. The onions and garlic add tremendous flavor.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 7 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham (about 5 ounces), cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a Dutch oven, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and prosciutto; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add Brussels sprouts, pepper and salt; heat through. Stir in 2/3 cup cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 169 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Brussels Sprouts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.