Salty, savory and sprinkled with Parmesan, even people who don't like brussels sprouts love this dish. The onions and garlic add tremendous flavor.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Recommended: Kale Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 7 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham (about 5 ounces), cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a Dutch oven, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and prosciutto; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add Brussels sprouts, pepper and salt; heat through. Stir in 2/3 cup cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts Saute in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014, pjls