Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
My husband and I like Brussels sprouts, so I'm always looking for new ways to use them. I most often serve this colorful salad with roast pork or duck. —Nancy Korondan, Yorkville, Illinois
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bunch red leaf lettuce or radicchio, torn
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Place Brussels sprouts in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and pat dry. Combine with green onions.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together next six ingredients. Toss 2 tablespoons of dressing with lettuce; transfer to a serving bowl. Pour remaining dressing over Brussels sprouts and onions; toss to coat. Mound on lettuce. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 171 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC