This bright, wholesome side dish goes on the dinner table in just 30 minutes. What's more, it requires only a handful of simple ingredients. Holiday cooking doesn't get much easier than that! —Monique Hooker, DeSoto, WI
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup shredded celery root
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine peel
- 2 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute celery root and onion in oil until tender. Add tangerine peel and Brussels sprouts. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Gently stir in tangerines; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts and Mandarin Oranges in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p133