- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Add grapes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in arrowroot flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Pour over Brussels sprouts and grapes.
- Top with shredded Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBrussels Sprouts and Grapes au Gratin
"We really liked the grapes with the Brussels sprouts! I also substituted all-purpose flour, and my family doesn't like Swiss cheese so we used Muenster."
"I liked this recipe! I used frozen Brussels Sprouts cooked in 1-1/2 cups water and used all-purpose flour as I didn't have the arrowroot flour. The grapes added a colorful touch to this dish!"
"The recipe was great except for the Grapes everyone in the family picked them out. I would def make again without the grapes. Was creamy and full of flavor."