VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Add grapes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in arrowroot flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Pour over Brussels sprouts and grapes.
- Top with shredded Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts and Grapes au Gratin in Taste of Home September/October 2017