Brussels Sprouts and Apples
Don't shy away from trying this deliciously different dish featuring brussels sprouts and apples. Even folks who aren't fond of brussels sprouts won't be able to resist it!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add brussels sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until sprouts and apples are tender, stirring occasionally.