- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded fresh kale
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir salami in oil over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in pan.
- Add butter to drippings; heat over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, kale, onion, salt, cayenne and black pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Stir in walnuts and vinegar. Serve with salami strips. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews forBrussels Sprouts & Kale Saute
"I grow both kale and brussels sprouts in my garden and this recipe is an end of summer favorite!"
"I have been buying Kale salad that is pre made - can't wait to try this, looks yummy."
"This was on my Easter menu yesterday and was a big hit, even with vegetable-shunning eaters."
"Delicious! I would love to make this again!"
"My family loves this recipe. I substituted bacon for Salami and used pecans instead of Walnuts and it was fabulous. My you children 7 and 10 love it."
"This recipe was wonderful,so excited to have another good veggie recipe.Linda"
"I have never tried Kale before & this dish has me hooked! Very tasty!"
"I used bacon since I had it on hand. Definitely a keeper!"