Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon oil, basil, rosemary and salt; set aside. Brush bread with remaining oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, top bread with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 431 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Jun 21, 2017
Jul 10, 2011
I really enjoy this recipe, it is very simple and tastes great! Perfect appetizer during the summer months.
Dec 20, 2009
I found this recipe to be bland. Recommend making mozzarella Tomato Tartlets!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.