Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon oil, basil, rosemary and salt; set aside. Brush bread with remaining oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, top bread with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 431 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 21, 2017
Jul 10, 2011
I really enjoy this recipe, it is very simple and tastes great! Perfect appetizer during the summer months.
Dec 20, 2009
I found this recipe to be bland. Recommend making mozzarella Tomato Tartlets!