Bruschetta Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pepperoni, sausage and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced basil, oil, garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon over pizza. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice: 346 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1044mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Bruschetta Pizza
"Really good pizza. Loved the freshness of it."
"Why do people give bad ratings for something they haven't even tried? IT WAS GREAT!"
"This is not Pizza"
"This pizza was very good. It kinda fooled people with the sausage and pepperoni on the bottom where you couldn't see them. Will make again ."
"We have made this since it was first published in TOH 2010!! LOVE IT!! We use grilled chicken breast tossed with Buffalo wing sauce instead of sausage sometimes! Great for football parties!"
"This might be one of THE BEST pizza recipes my husband and I have ever tasted. For convenience, I use a can of drained "Italian Style" diced tomatoes...the topping is sooo good."
"this pizza is delicious!! a super way to use basil from my garden!!"
"This is now part of our family favorites."
"so good - even in the winter when tomatoes aren't their peak - can't wait to make in the summer w/ ripe tomatoes from the farmers market and I think it would be good grilled~"
"Very good. I loved the fresh tomato taste. Paired it with a green salad and it made a wonderful, light summer meal. It was so tasty I will definately make it again."
"I made this twice now and we all just love it.I did use more garlic. And I make it ahead and it taste even better, (the topping)"
"Both times we made this we just used sausage, no pepperoni, and it was great! It is a good way to use all the fresh tomatoes starting to come in."
"Not your traditional pizza. Fantastic fresh flavor! Made it twice in one week...everyone has asked for the recipe!"
"We love pizza but it is usually so loaded with fat, calories, etc. that we rarely had it. Tried this good for you recipe & it was delicious. Am going to try some different toppings."
"I made this on Sunday... I think it is the best homemade pizza I've ever made. Sooooo delicious, and was even amazing cold for lunch the next day!"
"It's our new favorite pizza! I tried it for the first time three weeks ago for our Friday night pizza tradition and have made it every Friday since then. My husband loves the hearty sausage and pepperoni layer and that fresh tomato, basil, basalmic vinegar topping is just out of this world! It's a perfect summer meal!"
"My 4 yr daughter and I loved this pizza. It was so yummy."