Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in tomatoes, onion and 2 tablespoons basil.
- Spread cream cheese over bread slices; place slices on greased baking sheets. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 127 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 1, 2016
Simple to make and very tasty! Didn't have any spreadable cream cheese mixture, so I made my own with cream cheese (softened) and real chives and onion powder. Very adaptable recipe.
Nov 13, 2015
I made these for a small dinner party and everyone loved them! These will be on my holiday appetizer menu this year!! Just terrific!
Aug 31, 2015
This is a great recipe for appetizers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.