Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in tomatoes, onion and 2 tablespoons basil.
- Spread cream cheese over bread slices; place slices on greased baking sheets. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 127 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 1, 2016
Simple to make and very tasty! Didn't have any spreadable cream cheese mixture, so I made my own with cream cheese (softened) and real chives and onion powder. Very adaptable recipe.
Nov 13, 2015
I made these for a small dinner party and everyone loved them! These will be on my holiday appetizer menu this year!! Just terrific!
Aug 31, 2015
This is a great recipe for appetizers.