- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place flour and egg substitute in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in egg substitute; place in a greased 13-in.x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss tomatoes with the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken; bake 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBruschetta Chicken
"I have made this numerous times, it is absolutely delicious. It tastes like a high calories dish but it is not. I followed pdossantos suggestion, I dipped in flour, eggs then bread crumbs and poured butter over the chicken (the first time I made it I did follow directions exactly) I found this worked better for me. I also used basil paste, found in the produce department. It is on my every two week menu"
""Best chicken recipe you've ever made," say my husband and son- both of whom love food! Thanks Taste of Home"
"I made this for dinner last night and it was fantastic! The only change I made was using garlic powder instead of fresh cloves since I was too lazy to mess with the fresh stuff. My husband and 2.5 year old devoured it!"
"I don't know why it has taken me so long to make this delicious entree!!!Very good and a big hit here!"
"Very good recipe. Didn't call for anything out of the ordinary. Pretty simple dish to make."
"Excellent and especially good in summer with tomatoes and basil fresh from garden. Fairly quick to make as well. Have made it often. Of course I tweaked the recipe a little to suit my own taste, but know we all do that. Doesn't change the basic recipe which is excellent."
"Delicious and flavorful"
"This was very good. I tweaked it a little in that I tossed the chicken first in the flour, then in the egg mixture, then tossed it in the bread crumb mixture coating the entire piece of chicken instead of just sprinkling the bread crumbs on top. Then I drizzled melted butter over the top of all the chicken. Will definitely make this again!! Thank you."