"When I have overnight guests, I serve this speedy skillet dish for breakfast," reports Valerie Putsey of Winamac, Indiana. "Onion, green pepper and mushrooms add a bounty of flavor they love."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in butter until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to vegetables in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Cover and cook until eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 357 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 485mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Brunch Scramble in Quick Cooking July/August 2000
Apr 7, 2017
Jul 21, 2013
My husband does a breakfast club for the boys only - and they made this and loved it but added a jalapeno pepper because they like it spicy - a good one