This dish is a big hit with my family—and at the church breakfasts and brunches that I often cater. The recipe can easily be cut in half for breakfast for two...or doubled or even tripled for a crowd!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 to 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, onion, green pepper and cheese. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.