This dish is a big hit with my family—and at the church breakfasts and brunches that I often cater. The recipe can easily be cut in half for breakfast for two...or doubled or even tripled for a crowd!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 to 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, onion, green pepper and cheese. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 288 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Potatoes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.