Brunch Peanut Butter Muffins
Total Time<b>Ready In Time</b> 1 hour, 35 minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsps. sugar
- 3 tbsps. Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsps. Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter or Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with a no-stick cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine egg, milk and oil in small bowl. Add liquids to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Combine sugar, flour, peanut butter and salt in small bowl, mixing with fork until crumbly. Divide topping over muffins. Lightly stir into muffin with knife.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan to rack to cool completely.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2011
I thought these were good...All ended up eaten..I was reading one previous review and cant help but wonder.I dont see applesauce or chips anywhere in the recipe. Maybe thats why it didnt turn out.
Nov 20, 2010
These muffins looked so promising when they were posted on Facebook but turned out TERRIBLE and were a waste of ingredients! I think the 1 TB of baking powder is supposed to be 1 tsp! They were pale, dry, and had an awful bland flavor. Adding applesauce and chocolate and peanut butter chips to the batter didn't even help. Would not make again.
Nov 9, 2010
Tyansia - Thanks for the tip!I made this using to Tyansia's tips but instead of peanut butter I used nutella. The batter itself lacks flavor so I added a tbsp of vanilla extract. Either than that, its a average muffin, nothing special but not bad tasting at all
Nov 9, 2010
I would do it differently next time. I would fill the muffin cups half way and put a 1/2 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter, cover with batter, put topping on. Bake as usual, then drizzle melted chocolate or even add mini chocolate chips to the topping.